The rumors are true my friends... Joe, Ludwig and Juanito have decided to join me for the ultimate SUPER SPARTAN RACE! Oh did I mention that I also recruited 20 other people from work who have also signed up for this awesome event? I am so excited to get my butt kicked...We will be racing at Soldier Hollow in Midway, UT on July 9th.
Here is a description of the race: When the Olympic committee picked this venue as a venue worthy of Olympians….I thought it had to be good enough for Spartans. With a base elevation of 5477.6’ and a summit elevation of 6831’, I will guarantee this 8 mile course will make your lungs and legs burn. Olympic skate/ski trails, animal trails, and r
idgelines with great views of the Wasatch Mountains await all Spartans ready for this challenge. This venue during the 2002 Winter Olympics was used for the biathlon events, so prepare to get in the “prone” position and test how well you can control your breathing as you take aim at some targets , all while you navigate yourself through our other signature obstacles like Fire, Mud, Spear Throwing and our ever lurking Gladiators. The good news is that after you complete your painful journey, there will be live music and a catered meal to soothe your aching joints.
Everyone is welcome to come watch and take lots of black mail pics. The meal and entertainment afterwards is for everyone, so come and enjoy. Here are a few pics I found of the race...it looks so fun! Oh and I also posted the official Spartan video at the very end of my blog, you can see it if you scroll to the bottom of this page. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment