Sunday, July 10, 2011

SPARTAN RACE 2011

Well...we survived!!!
I think Dickens describes this experience best...
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...
The race started out with a torturous mountain climb that seemed to never end! Along the way we found a man with a dislocated shoulder, a lady with a blown knee, a team mate, now nicknamed "First Blood", had a blister bleeding all over her ankle, Joe had a branch whip back and smack him in the face, my stupid legs started cramping so my calves became hard and round like baseballs. Joe also lost some skin on the rope climb... and the list of injuries goes on and on! But in the end we all did our best and walked home proud that we survived the SPARTAN! AROO AROO!
The anxious drive to Midway. We all had butterflies in our stomachs.
Ah ignorance is bliss. We had no idea what we had coming :)
I think I probably should've been a car sales woman...somehow I managed to recruit a large team from my clinic! I am sure they will all call in sick tomorrow and make corporate fire me for my bright ideas!
Part of the team after we finished.

I am SO PROUD of Joe. He managed to conquer every obstacle except for one! He was very impressive. Man I wish I had just a couple more inches, but he was a great team mate and helped all of us oompa loompas who were too short! We had to climb some huge walls (they didn't have any steps or anything to hold onto you just had to use pure upper body strength...) and Joe let me use him like a step ladder!
Fire jump!
This was harder than you might think, the mud was thick and this was at the end of the race so by now we were all EXHAUSTED.

Man, we had mud everywhere!
At the finish line! Aw, Joe is so handsome even covered in mud and sweat!
Haha, I love how white Lud's teeth look :D

We were all worried Lud's hairy legs would make him catch on fire.

My calf was so cramped it was ridiculous! My team helped me when it was really bad though, THANKS!

You know you've had enough when you're willing to lie in a smelly pile of mud...
The mud crawl was never ending! I was surprised how long it was...


Almost there!
Right before my leg got the best of me...well now I know what to do for next year...take some salt packets and lots of gatorade :)


WOO HOO! I am so proud of us. 8 miles and 17 obstacles later, we still have all our parts and most of our minds :D
Now all I have to figure out is how to convince everyone to do the FOAM FEST 2011 in Ogden, this September!!! HAHAHA (evil laugh).

No comments: