Monday, October 6, 2008

One more blog to read

Apparently, Facebook wasn't enough...so now you'll have to hear from us on a blog too! The funny thing is I have nothing of interest to share right now...How's that for a start! Ha!

OK I lied...something of interest has happened. 

At this very moment, Joe is dressed in his Marine Corps. camo from head to toe... no he's not reminiscing...he is hunting with dad. They left at 4 a.m. and according to his last text, they have seen a squirrel, 5 wild turkeys or chickens (he's not sure) and various insects...no big game yet. I hope he will be able to stomach field dressing an elk. For those of you who haven't heard this story, prepare yourself...

About 5 years ago, while Joe and I were still dating, we came home to visit the parents. It just so happened, that dad had just returned from hunting and had a huge fresh buck in the back of his truck. (Hey that rhymes). Well, taking advantage that Joe was there he asked him to help. Joe said: "Sure".  I cringed...I didn't know if Joe really knew what he was getting himself into. Well, about 10 minutes later, dad came into the kitchen with a grin on his face, he said: "You better go get your boyfriend...I think he's going to vomit all over my deer". When I ran into the garage, poor Joe was holding the deer's two hind legs (my dad was sawing the legs off) looking green! I thought it was over for sure...but he still married me :)

Sofie is doing great. She had her 9 month well check and the doc was very pleased with her growth and development.  She is still in the 75th percentile for height, weight and head size are in the 50th percentile. I thought for sure she would be heavier than most babies her age. She LOVES food and will gobble up anything from avocados, black beans, whole peaches to salmon and chicken! She won't eat the food I puree for her anymore, it has to be in chunks. 
She has finally started crawling...and if she isn't already just like her daddy...she is crawling "army style"! I will get a video of it...it's hilarious...but for now here's one of us at the beach.




Oh yes, I am doing great.  I've become a master of multi-tasking. 
School is a little hectic but good. I have two weeks left before the next block. I'm learning A LOT. I am trying to work out every chance I get...pesky baby weight! Joe and can't wait for ski season!

No comments: